Thursday, January 30, 2014

Effective Conversation

Now this is spooky, i just started this blog yesterday i got 7 views. I dint even type anything. Is this showing up on my G+? I dont know. I dont even have a clue on how to check that thing. Anyways, why bother. :)

Reading on soft skill negotiation concepts on agile i came across this interesting piece on paraphrasing on effective conversation. To prove paraphrasing indeed is a good method, a real time example was that of a situation on a busy restaurant which we all have gone through in our life. 

The waiter comes in to take the order of the table. You got one friend still fumbling through the menu. Another one trying to figure out whats been served on the other table. The other one browsing on his phone and you are trying to negotiate with the waiter. 

All of you place your order, the waiter nods, murmurs and walks away. I normally get this question on my mind, did he hear that part, where, i told him AA instead of XX. Would he get me the right one?

Consider this butterfly effect:

All of you place your order, the waiter nods, and speaks out " so this is what you ordered...AA, XX, FF...". You are happy, he is happy, because you know what you get and he knows what to get. Bang!! Bang!! now thats some effective conversation which left a long term, lasting value to the customer to be rest assured.

My five 5 cents: Dont you think Michael David whatever, err, that dude from Passenger,  is a nasal singer? 

1 comment: